BEST LUNCH SPOTS IN BRUSSELS
Whether you’re looking for a quick meal or a more gourmet experience, there are always great places to have lunch in Brussels – you just have to know where to look! Here are my picks for the best lunch spots in town per neighbourhood that tick all the boxes: quality food and kind service at a reasonable price. Scroll all the way down to find a map with all the great places I’ve spotted and enjoy!
AROUND DANSAERT AND SAINTE CATHERINE…
- Belga Queen: This high-end restaurant is housed in a former 19th-century bank building that’s absolutely stunning. Great place for a special occasion and Belgian food.
- Bia Mara: This spot is well known for being the best fish ‘n chips restaurant in Brussels! If you’re looking for a fast and tasty lunch at an affordable price downtown, that’s your place.
- Comptoir des Galeries: In the beautiful Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert there’s a little oasis of calmness and great design. Upon entering you’ll find a small wine bar where you can have a light bite and enjoy natural wines while tucked in the back, there’s a more formal dining room where you can enjoy delicious, more sophisticated dishes.
- Les Filles Plaisirs Culinaires: It’s no surprise that Les Filles Plaisirs Culinaires won the award for the Best Gastronomic Concept in Brussels for 2013. Great feel-at-home atmosphere, delicious food and probably the best value for money you can get! An excellent choice both for lunch, brunch at delivery at home.
- Noordzee: Probably one of my all-time favourite spots for a quick lunch in Brussels no matter the season or day. Pop by for fresh seafood but be sure to arrive early enough as they get sold out far before they close!
- SAN: The Michelin-starred chef Sang-Hoon Degeimbre offers dishes that are more accessible price-wise while maintaining the high quality and cooking techniques he masters so well. If you’re looking for something really special, book a table here!
AROUND SABLON AND THE MAROLLES…
- Pei & Mei: Slick interior, friendly stuff and excellent food make Pei & Mei one of the best restaurants in Brussels. The lunch tasting menu, which includes 3 different dishes and a glass of wine at €19, is great value for money.
- Pistolet Original: If you’re up for a quick and tasty lunch, then why not have a pistolet? It’s the Belgian version of the sandwich: a little bread roll filled with la crème de la crème of locally sourced products.
- Skievelat: Skievelat is all about good food in a relaxing atmosphere. The perfect option for those looking for a filling lunch on a budget in the area of Sablon.
AROUND LOUISE AND PORTE DE NAMUR…
- Chyl: Burgers, tapas to share with friends or colleagues, healthy salads – this place seems to have it all, including a bio store and lovely terrace.
- Gazzetta: Pasta lovers will appreciate this smart Italian restaurant that serves a few but really tasty dishes, including amazing tiramisu.
- God Save The Cream: If you love all things British, make sure to stop by this cute little cafe close to Place Stephanie. Whatever you get, leave room for dessert – the cakes are irresistible!
- Kitchen 151: The artistic background and international roots of the owners are reflected in the menu, which is influenced by Middle-Eastern cuisine. This is a place where people get together to enjoy simple Mediterranean dishes full of flavour.
- La Fabrique en Ville: If you fancy having lunch at one of the smallest but loveliest park in Brussels, this spot is a must-try. Lunch is served on weekdays and consists of tasty dishes, like salads, soups, open sandwiches and a few egg dishes. The spacious sunny terrace is also a big plus!
- L’Epicerie: A hidden gem known to those who skip the crowds on Avenue Louise and wander around the much calmer side streets, L’Epicerie serves homemade sandwiches and Thai dishes made by its welcoming owner. Did I mention is one of the best cheap eats in Brussels too?
- Kokuban: Right next to Parc Leopold you’ll see this Japanese restaurant. I love the design and the gyoza but the ramen is not too bad either.
- Living Room: This beautiful design store is an oasis of calmness in the busy EU quarter. The quiches are really good and so are the homemade cakes!
AROUND CHATELAIN AND BRUGMANN…
- Knees to Chin: The traditional rice paper rolls get a makeover and become of one the tastiest concepts for a quick lunch around Chatelain.
- Notos: A sophisticated restaurant that will take you to a culinary trip to Greece. A good option for business meetings or a special occasion.
- Philema: Another very good Greek restaurant worth trying! The atmosphere is relaxed, the food is creative and made with love from the Cretan chef who is in charge.
- TAN: A great choice for a delicious and healthy meal whether you’re a vegetarian or not. The lunch set menu is a real bargain and never disappoints.
- AMI: A bright, modernly decorated space where you’ll find mini burgers, sandwiches, fresh salads, soups – all vegetarian, comforting and delicious.
- Les Super Filles du Tram: This spot serves some of the best burgers in Brussels. Be warned, it gets crowded but it does so for a reason!
- Takumi: This tiny place offers Japanese-inspired dishes that are both delicious and filling. Make sure to arrive early as it gets full quickly and enjoy!
- Umamido: My favourite ramen spot in Brussels. There’s nothing more comforting than a steaming bowl of ramen and Umamido is the best place to have one.
AROUND PLACE LUX…
- Ergon: A great example of a contemporary Greek restaurant. The space is big enough to fit a few tables and a small deli full of Greek goodies with beautiful packaging. Book a table in advance and enjoy a delicious meal.
- Chana: Here’s where you’ll get the falafel in town – delicious, filling and quite economical. Finish your lunch with a quick espresso at Cipiace right across the street.
- Mammouth: Whether you’re working in the Gare du Midi area, travelling to or from Brussels or looking for a new lunch spot to try, Mammouth will not disappoint you. There’s free wifi, delicious healthy food and kind staff to take good care of you.
Have you tried any of these places? What are your favourite lunch spots in Brussels?
- No locations found.